Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Staff members will not serve alcohol to unduly intoxicated people.
- When refusing service, staff will always ensure that they are not illegally discriminating against any person.
- Staff members will encourage patrons to partake of non-alcoholic drinks, coffee etc. at the early signs of intoxication.
- Staff members must not serve alcohol to persons who have not attained the age of eighteen years.
- Staff members will only accept one of the following current photographic identification as proof of age:
- An Australian (Photographic) Drivers License.
- An Australian or foreign Passport (Photographic)
- A Government issued proof of age card
- Card 18+ in Queensland – each State has its own proof of age card
- Other ID card approved by the Liquor Licensing Commission
- The only card approved is the Victorian Key pass
- Disruptive, disorderly or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Duty Managers, Department Managers and Supervisors can refuse service of alcohol to patrons who are behaving in a disruptive manner.
- When a staff member makes the decision to refuse service of alcohol to a patron/s he/she will inform the Duty Manager and other staff members to insure consistency.
- Duty Managers, Department Managers and Supervisors are to politely request people who have been refused service of alcohol to leave the premises. (In some instances, eg: people attending a function, intoxicated patrons may be permitted to stay. Naturally they would only be served non-alcoholic drinks)
- Staff members will encourage patrons to consume a meal where possible whilst on the premises.
- Managers will ensure that patrons leaving the Hotel have easy access to taxis.
- Management will ensure that all intoxicated or unruly patrons will be denied access.
- Management will do everything possible to ensure a safe environment for patrons and a safe working environment for employees.
- All unattended drinks will be taken from their found location and disposed of without a refund – an unattended drink is defined as a drink that we can easily take from a table without anyone noticing. This is to combat drink spiking.
The Commercial Hotel Milton.